lördag 7 oktober 2017

A MIXED MEDIA THINGY WITH A STEAMPUNKY HALLOWEEN THEME

I'm taking part of a challenge on Mixed media and art, that asks the participants to include one metallic non-scrap related item, among other items of ones choosing :). And a pair of wings.



Here's my interpretation of that :)...


I've used the Graveyard on the edge die from Tim Holtz/Sizzix, to die cut the topper for this Halloween display thingy, out of cardboard :).



I've stamped and powder embossed a cob web background stamp from Tim Holtz and Stamper's Anonymous, in order to create a base for the display piece. I've also used some Distress spray stains to colour the background.



I painted it with white gesso, and sprayed it with several distress spray stain colours. I've also added on some Fran-tage embossing enamels, to create some splotches in the background.
I've painted the corrugated cardboard and the coffin looking tag with both white gesso and some white crackle paint (DecoArt Media).
Here you can also see the non-scrap related item... It's a sort of metal net, that I've stretched out and fastned with tiny attachers.



I've added quite a few layers to this Halloween display. If you look closely, you can find both lace, carpet anti slip-rubber, cheese cloth, silicone half pearls, paper straws, punchinella cut outs, die cut cog wheels and cow wheels out of metal.
I've also tied the hands together with some string, just in case the hot glue won't hold them in place forever...


I like to make these statement pieces with a lot of different edge dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix. The graveyard really invites me to make Halloween-ey things :).

I've glued on a pair of skeleton hands, that I've gotten as a gift, many, many years ago.
I've also used a die cut bat, out of fun foam :). The die is a movers and shapers die, from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.


Here you can see one of the wings, that I've cut out with a die from Cheery Lynn. I've painted it silver with some Brushed Pewter Distress stain. I've also sooted the edges of the wings with black ink.
The wonderful ghost die cut is from a set of dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix, called Village Graveyard.


It's a bit difficult to get proper photos showing all the details, but I must admit that I like to add layer upon layer :).
The black word "boo", is from a set of Halloween word dies, from Tim Holtz/Sizzix (Vintage spirits). I've cut it out of black fun foam.


Here's a final look at all the layers... Perhaps you'll find something more to look at :).

3 kommentarer:

  1. Wooow this is really spooky and stylish!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Sååå härligt och du har många fina detaljer.
    Kul att du är med hos oss på Mixed Media & Art!
    Katja

    SvaraRadera
  3. Wow!!!! Stunning project! Love love love this! Thanks for joining the joint project of the blog Mixed Media & Art!

    SvaraRadera